[RFC] notmuch new : {blacklist,whitelist,exclud,ignor}ing

Pieter Praet pieter at praet.org
Sat Mar 12 15:27:46 PST 2011

Hi all,

First of all, *immense respect* to each and every one of you for making
the legendary "MUA-hopper stopper" a reality! Emacs has been aching for
this for a *very* long time.

Much to my misfortune, I discovered Notmuch merely a year ago (after
declaring "sup" a rather unflatteringly executed fantastic idea), yet am
happy to say I've been living in email nirvana ever since.

One essential feature I've yet to see merged in, however, is notmuch new
{blacklist,whitelist,exclud,ignor}ing. This would -among other things-
significantly reduce the noise for us aberrants who stuff everything but
their coffee (I wish) in git.

Way back when, the only obstacle seemed to be the lack of a
configuration file. Since then, it's been mentioned as well as
implemented in a variety of flavors (in chronological order):
- id:"87my2dg8ww.fsf at yoom.home.cworth.org"
- id:"87r5r0ctl3.wl%djcb at djcbsoftware.nl"
- id:"878wc69h0j.wl%djcb at djcbsoftware.nl"
- id:"20100114084713.GA22273 at harikalardiyari"
- id:"E1NWgMo-0001qb-Vn at po8.org"
- id:"87my083mgh.fsf at SSpaeth.de"
- id:"E1NjeZ1-0001qw-HZ at po8.org"
- id:"ylp7hi23mw8.fsf at tyndall.ie"