Build system

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu Mar 10 11:38:46 PST 2011

On Tue, 08 Feb 2011 22:13:09 +0100, Michal Sojka <sojkam1 at fel.cvut.cz> wrote:
> It won't be easy to run the tests in different directory, but the
> following approach might be sufficient: When notmuch is configured and
> compiled in a different directory, then running `make test` there could
> run the tests in the original directory but the tests will invoke the
> notmuch binary from where it was compiled.

That sounds like it could be a reasonable plan. Note, however, that
output generated by the test suite should go to the build directory, and
not the original source directory.

> If you send the patch for out-of-source compilation, I'll modify the
> test suite to work with it.

I've pushed a patch for out-of-source compilation now. I made the test
suite work by simply copying the whole thing. If you would like to fix
the test suite to work in this case without copying, that would be
great.

-Carl

carl.d.worth at intel.com