emacs crashes

Brian May brian at microcomaustralia.com.au
Wed Feb 16 19:18:39 PST 2011

Hello,

I have found certain emails, when I try to view them with the emacs
notmuch client, will cause emacs to crash (segmentation fault). Every
time, 100% reproducible.

A theory of have is maybe the emails are too big and the system can't cope, eg:

brian at aquitard:~$ notmuch show thread:00000000000104db | wc --bytes
943897
brian at aquitard:~$ notmuch show thread:000000000000fbab | wc --bytes
3262660
brian at aquitard:~$

These are emailed TSM Operational Reports, entirely ASCII (plus some
non-ASCII rubbish), no attachments, with a large number of log
entries.

An alternative theory is perhaps the non-ASCII rubbish (from weird
filenames some of our users have) is causing problems.

Anybody else experienced similar results?

Thanks
--
Brian May <brian at microcomaustralia.com.au>