Spam and mailing list filtering?

Ben Gamari bgamari.foss at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 05:33:30 PST 2011

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 12:20:55 +0000, Daniel Barlow <dan at telent.net> wrote:
> My questions
>
> 1) (How) can I filter on the X-Spam-Bar header to chop out spam and
> suspected spam?

I simply run new mail through bogofilter in my sorting script and tag
junk with a junk tag. I then add "not tag:junk" to each of my saved searches.

> 2) Is there any way (actual or planned) to filter on X-List-Id or
> similar so that I can filter mailing list stuff more accurately

There have been talks of adding support for indexing arbitrary headers
although no one has produced any code as far as I know. Patches welcome.

Cheers,

- Ben