search conditions on siblings/parent/children in thread

Gregor Kappler g.kappler at gmx.net
Mon Jan 31 04:54:12 PST 2011

I am using notmuch for my mail and also for mailing lists.  For mailing
lists it would be much more convenient to have a saved search displaying
only replies to watched (say, tag:flagged) posts instead of the whole
list.

I did not find any way in notmuch to specify conditions on
sibling/parent/children posts in a post's thread during search.

Does anybody use those searches?

Are there plans to include this feature?

Sure, this feature would be very welcomed by me! Is there demand of
other users?

If this is currently not possible, I do not know whether it is feasable
with xapian: can xapian this kind of search and how it would perform.

Thanks, GK

Dr. Gregor Kappler

Fakultät für Psychologie
Institut für Entwicklungspsychologie und
Psychologische Diagnostik
http://www.univie.ac.at/Psychologie

Universität Wien
Liebiggasse 5