[ANN] notmuch-deliver

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Jan 28 12:51:57 PST 2011

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 16:01:00 +0200, Felipe Contreras <felipe.contreras at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think this should be part of notmuch itself,

I'll be happy to see any proposed additions for this. (And to the extent
that some of this functionality exists in patches already proposed and
just waiting for me, then I'm already happy about that too!)

> and there should be a
> configuration to use this as Fcc, instead of relying on the mail
> composer. This way both emacs and vim interfaces would share the same
> configuration regarding the Fcc/Bcc preference.

Sharing the configuration as much as possible is definitely good.

But Fcc is going to have to rely quite a bit on the mail
composer. Currently, notmuch isn't involved at all in the sending of a
mail, and it's not until a mail is actually sent that it's time to
deliver the message to the Fcc location. So even getting notmuch to
become informed about the message at Fcc time will require modification
of the mail composer.

-Carl

carl.d.worth at intel.com