[ANN] notmuch-deliver

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Jan 28 12:55:47 PST 2011

On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 15:50:24 -0500, Austin Clements <amdragon at mit.edu> wrote:
> Out of curiosity, has anyone considered using inotify to monitor maildirs
> for new mail to hand to notmuch?  For systems supporting inotify (or
> equivalents), this would have the advantage of being compatible with any
> delivery mechanism, be it a mail server, procmail, or emacs fcc'ing a
> maildir.

The idea has definitely been floated before. If I search for:

	notmuch search to:notmuch at notmuchmail.org inotify

in my collection I see 5 messages sent to the list, (other than
yours). But none of those include any code that I have seen.

It sounds like playing with inotify and notmuch might make a fun weekend
project for somebody. Is anyone looking for something like that?

-Carl

carl.d.worth at intel.com