Remote usage script updated

Jesse Rosenthal jrosenthal at jhu.edu
Fri Jan 28 12:10:30 PST 2011

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 12:54:17 +1000, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 10:51:42 -0500, Jesse Rosenthal <jrosenthal at jhu.edu> wrote
> It sounds entirely useful for a large class of users. Is there any
> reason we shouldn't just host the script in the notmuch repository
> itself? Let me know if there's anything I can do.
>
> -Carl

I just realized I single-replied to Carl (after all the time I spent
making sure I didn't group-reply by accident).

Just to repeat briefly what I said there -- there was a slight problem
with yesterday's script (wild-cards were eaten by the shell) that should
now be fixed. And I'd be happy to house it in the repository if that
seems like it would be useful to people. But I'm curious about whether
we should have a separate tools/utilities folder. I know this came up
before with notmuch-deliver and other similar tools. What was the
outcome of that discussion?

Best,
Jesse