notmuch's idea of concurrency / failing an invocation

Austin Clements amdragon at mit.edu
Thu Jan 27 14:20:21 PST 2011

I'm looking into breaking notmuch new up into small transactions.  It
wouldn't be much a leap from there to simply close and reopen the database
between transactions if another task wants to use it, which would release
the lock and let the queued notmuch task have the database for a bit.  It
seems silly to have a daemon when all of notmuch's state is already on disk
and queue on a lock is as good as a queue in a daemon, but without the
accompanying architectural shenanigans.

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 3:35 PM, Jameson Rollins <jrollins at finestructure.net