Strange match to my query

Mark Anderson MarkR.Anderson at amd.com
Wed Jan 26 09:02:34 PST 2011

On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 23:59:50 -0600, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 12:19:17 +1000, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:
> > And thanks, Mark for the bug report and the nice test case. I'll add
> > this to the test suite, and fix it. And that will give us yet one more
> > reason for all of us to rebuild our databases after the upcoming
> > release.
>
> I've added a test case for this now, fixed the bug, and pushed out the
> new code.
>
> Thanks again for the bug report.

That's great, apparently submitting the testcase was the best thing I
could do, because I didn't realize that I needed a 2-part name to align
the term lists, although I did start from one.  And now at least I know
that I can't construct the correct query without an updated notmuch.

It was very confusing trying to bend my head around the issue and tell
myself that I just didn't understand how notmuch worked at all on
searching through email addresses.

Glad to see such a quick response to my bug report.