Folder-based searching

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Jan 21 08:59:39 PST 2011

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 02:45:04 -0800, mazieres-6kd3dvy8f9kx6dc7vcsytfvnai at temporary-address.scs.stanford.edu wrote:
> This folder-based searching is very handy.

Hello, anonymous poster from Stanford. Welcome to notmuch!

I'm glad you're happy with the folder-based searching and I hope you
find notmuch useful.

> Can someone tell me if there is any easy way to restrict a search to
> the Delivered-To: header, or to add custom header support to notmuch?

Currently, this header is not being indexed by notmuch.

For sometime now I've had two features at the top of my personal todo
list for notmuch:

	1. Folder-based searching

	2. Indexing of arbitrary headers

The first is done now, and I'll be working on the second now.

These features are essential to so many people, (and have been obviously
missing for so long), that once these are done I might be inclined to
name the next release of notmuch 1.0.

I'm particularly inclined to increment the major version of notmuch
because these two features will also require users to rebuild their
entire mail database to enable the feature for all mail.

-Carl

carl.d.worth at intel.com