including the entire fingerprint of the issuer in an OpenPGP certification

Jon Callas jon at callas.org
Mon Jan 17 18:14:31 PST 2011

On the one hand, my only disagreement with you is to suggest that your proposal be tied into using SHA256 for a fingerprint. If you're going to expand the keyid to a fingerprint, why not get a better fingerprint?

On the other hand, this has never been a problem. It's harder than you think, because you have to generate a new key each time, which takes a while on RSA.

Nonetheless, I think it's a good idea. I'd just go all the way to a better fingerprint.

	Jon