About the json output and the number of results shown.

Thu Jan 13 02:34:53 PST 2011

On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 19:37:21 +0100, Christophe-Marie Duquesne <chm.duquesne at gmail.com> wrote:
> With notmuch, some commands can bring a lot of results, and can take
> some time to return. That is why when I began to write a curse
> interface to notmuch, I added a mechanism to spawn these commands in
> background and gather the results asynchronously.

Alternatively, you could use the python bindings to libnotmuch and call
the functions directly. You could do that in a unthreaded or threaded
fashion...

Somewhat obsolete but mostly correct documentation of the included
python API is here: http://packages.python.org/cnotmuch/ (I really need
to update that).

Sebastian