How notmuchmail guess the 'from' and what to do in To and Cc ?

Xavier Maillard xma at gnu.org
Thu Dec 2 21:54:51 PST 2010

Hi,

all is in the subject but I will try to clarify.

On this mailing list, when pressing the 'r' key to post an answer to a
message, my From header is automatically filled with my 'backup' email
address and I do not know why. My primary is this one. How does it guess
that ?

Second, once again, taking notmuchmail mailing list, I observe weird
behaviour when answering: all people are automatically set in the To
header which is wrong in my opinion. Why does it react that way ? My
guess is that it should "explode" and "balance" all the recipients along
the To and Cc headers. Am I wrong thinking like this ?

Regards

-- Xavier