[GNU EMACS] smtpmail package and queue

Philip Hands phil at hands.com
Wed Dec 1 01:38:24 PST 2010

On Wed, 1 Dec 2010 03:01:47 +0100, first last <arian.kuschki at googlemail.com> wrote:
> msmtp includes (at last in some distros I think) a script that enqeues mails
> when you are offline and sends them when you are online. It is a drop-in
> replacement for sendmail.

masqmail has this functionality built in, and can be configured to
notice the internet connection going up and down, and kick the queue as
you go online (although for some reason I cannot persuade it that my
OpenVPN is online, even when it is, so have kludged it with cron kicking
the queue regularly)

Cheers, Phil.