[FEATURE REQUEST]: post-processing on notmuch new

Thu Nov 25 00:54:54 PST 2010

On Thu, 25 Nov 2010 09:20:39 +0100, Xavier Maillard <xavier at maillard.im> wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Nov 2010 08:00:03 +0100, Sebastian Spaeth <Sebastian at SSpaeth.de> wrote:
> > On Thu, 25 Nov 2010 00:30:45 -0500, Ben Gamari <bgamari at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I, for one, simply have a get-mail script
> > > which calls offlineimap, notmuch new, and finally my sorting
> > > script. This seems like a more straightforward way to manage this;
> >
> > I have notmuch new and my sorting script run as posthooks in my
> > offlineimap, so I simply invoke offlineimap to get my mail and run
> > notmuch new (and do some tagging)
>
> Interesting. Could you share your setup here ?

Easy, it's pretty hacky, but works:

This is in my .offlinesyncrc in the [Account x] section:

#-----------------------------------------------------------
#currently not needed
#presynchook = notmuch new > /dev/null && /home/spaetz/src/notmuchsync/notmuchsync -q -s

postsynchook = notmuch new && callanothernotmuchscripthere && notmuch
search --output=threads tag:ignore | xargs notmuch tag +ignore -- not tag:ignore and

#not needed anymore
#&& /home/spaetz/src/notmuchsync/notmuchsync -r -q

I simply run offlineimap in a cron script, or via 'G' (ie M-x
notmuch-poll) or asynchron via another key binding with offlineimap.el
that I downloaded from somewhere.

Sebastian