Inconsistent output from "notmuch search --output=<foo>"

Jameson Rollins jrollins at finestructure.net
Tue Nov 23 19:30:44 PST 2010

On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 18:09:03 -0800, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:
> I think the right answer is to drop those prefixes in the output. Does
> anybody disagree? Does anyone have any scripts that are already
> consuming the output of "notmuch search --output=threads" or "notmuch
> search --output=messages" yet?

Hey, Carl.  I feel like those output options are most useful for
constructing new search strings.  If the prefixes were removed, one
would have to add them back when creating search strings from the
output.  I don't appear to currently be using any of the prefixed output
in scripts, but I have definitely used it to copy and paste threads and
ids for searches.  I guess I sort of think of this output as parallel to
the emacs show-stash-map.

I'm sure I could get used to a change, though.

jamie.