notmuchsync: handling of the deleted tag

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Mon Nov 15 12:16:28 PST 2010

On 11/15/2010 02:58 PM, Carl Worth wrote:
> Should we perhaps add a -0 option so that one could actually reliably
> handle filenames with newlines in a case like this? Or can we just
> assert that such filenames are insane and *should* cause problems?

it's not just newlines.  Without using the -L1 flag to xargs (suggested
earlier on this list), it's actually any filename with whitespace.

with -L1, newlines and trailing whitespace are still problematic.

newlines and trailing whitespace are unarguably insane in file names.
But they happen in the wild, and it would be a shame if notmuch broke
with them.

i think offering -print0 or -0 to provide null byte delimiters is a good
proposal.

	--dkg