notmuchsync: handling of the deleted tag

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Mon Nov 15 12:01:24 PST 2010

On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 23:30:13 +0100, Sebastian Spaeth <Sebastian at SSpaeth.de> wrote:
> Not sure. If it worked this would be really nice. But as most IMAP
> server support arbitrary flags to be added to a message, I would still
> think the best is to code a tool that talks IMAP and synchronizes
> notmuch tags with the IMAP server. I've never done it before and
> python's IMAP support is pretty crappy or I would alredy have given it a
> go :).

Right. A tool that did synchronize notmuch tags by talking to an IMAP
server would be something of interest to many people. But, from all the
rumors I've heard, writing code to implement IMAP isn't much fun.

So we'll have to wait for someone brave, I guess.

In the meantime, I'll be happy enough to synchronize my mail with rsync,
so I may very well implement the support for custom mapping of
maildir-style filename flags to notmuch tags.

-Carl

carl.d.worth at intel.com