Printing mail

Tue Nov 9 23:32:01 PST 2010

On Tue, 09 Nov 2010 10:00:59 -0800, Keith Packard wrote:
> I like the header formatting. And, using evince provides a 'friendly'
> print dialog. But, yeah, something that dealt with mail encodings and
> attachments would be even nicer.

I have the printing package loaded
(require 'printing)
(pr-update-menus)

which gives me nice menu entries for previewing my printouts (defaults
to 'gv' but can easily be set to use 'evince') and which provides the
M-x pr-ps-buffer-preview command to invoke the print preview directly
(unfortunately it still asks about the n-up scaling of pages).

Better header formatting could be achieved by locally customizing the
"ps-print-header" thing when in notmuch mode. But I know too little
about elisp to actually do that myself. That would actually be pretty
nifty.

Sebastian