notmuch for documents

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Mon Nov 8 09:14:02 PST 2010

On Sat, 06 Nov 2010 16:12:17 -0400, Jameson Rollins <jrollins at finestructure.net> wrote:
> expected.  Try it: it really works!  There are only a couple of very
> little things that are a little funky:

Hey, that's pretty cool. I'm glad it's working so well for you.

>   * allow me to specify which "headers" from my ebooks I want indexed
>     ("Author", "Publisher", etc.)

Fortunately, that's a feature we're already planning to add (quite
soon!) even just to better support the indexing of email.

> So what do people think about this idea?  Does it make sense to look
> into extending notmuch to handle non-mail documents?

I'm cautious about making any big changes to support a much wider use
case. But where little changes can make a big improvement here, I'm
ready to listen.

-Carl

carl.d.worth at intel.com