I've begun to write notmuch-ncurse.py

Christophe-Marie Duquesne chm.duquesne at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 05:44:38 PDT 2010

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 1:11 PM, Sebastian Spaeth <Sebastian at sspaeth.de> wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Nov 2010 01:11:47 +0100, Christophe-Marie Duquesne <chm.duquesne at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Very cool. Not wanting to promote my own things, but is there a reason
> you use the notmuch binary and parse that output rather than using the
> python bindings that come included with notmuch?

I was simply not aware of this binding... Reading your api, I could
not find out if the queries were ran asynchronously. Is it possible?
If so, that would indeed be worth giving it a try.

Meanwhile, as a matter of personal taste, I must say I like more
having processes communicating through pipes and raw text, unix-style,
than using bindings. So I think I'll switch only if I get a
significant reduction of the complexity of the code in exchange.

Best regards,
Christophe-Marie