I've begun to write notmuch-ncurse.py

Christophe-Marie Duquesne chm.duquesne at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 17:11:47 PDT 2010

Hi list,

I've begun to write a python ncurse interface for notmuch. It is
certainly not useable, but at least I have some code to share. My goal
is to produce a hackable gmail in a console (side bar with
labels/shortcuts to pre-registered researches + a main panel to view
research results and mails). It has to feature asynchronous commands
calls to keep the interface responsive, to have vim-like default
keybindings, and ideally to somehow support the mouse.

I've also set myself some goals in order to keep it hackable:
- don't use object oriented design (it may sound silly, but I want to
see if it is possible to write clean python code in an purely
imperative style)
- keep the code short (never exceed 1000 loc)
- don't have a config file (but users should be able to modify the
code directly and it has to remain easy)

FYI, right now, there are 356 lines of code. Those who want to help
are welcome, provided we share similar goals.

[1] - https://bitbucket.org/chmduquesne/notmuch-curses

Cheers,
Christophe-Marie Duquesne