notmuchsync: handling of the deleted tag

Rob Browning rlb at defaultvalue.org
Tue Sep 21 17:30:51 PDT 2010

Sebastian Spaeth <Sebastian at SSpaeth.de> writes:

> On 2010-09-21, Rob Browning wrote:
>> Conceptually what I'd like for it to do, is reference count -- only mark
>> the message deleted if every occurrence (across all maildirs) is marked
>> trashed (T).
>
> Right, but that is trickier than might appear at first sight.

In general, I think that until/unless notmuchsync can be more assured of
doing the right thing, and in particular, if the deleted tag is likely
to become official, notmuchsync should default to not setting it.

...or at least, I'd prefer that.  Then I can add --tag-deleted if/when I
want to.  Of course defaulting to --tag-deleted would also be OK, as
long as there's a --no-tag-deleted.

Thanks
--
Rob Browning