noobie trying to find a good poll script and other things

Daniel Goldin danielgoldin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 09:26:12 PDT 2010

Again, I'm not a programmer, so bear with me. When I open a "folder"
after the "hello page," I see a list of mesaages with subjects, authors,
dates, etc. It seems I am unable to operate on items in this list using
functions such as the following:

(defun notmuch-show-tag-spam()
  "mark message as spam"
  (interactive)
  (notmuch-show-add-tag "spam")
  (notmuch-show-remove-tag "new"))

I get a "buffer is read only" error. However, I can operate on the
messages themselves, when I move into a message buffer.

Hope this clarifies.

Best,

d.

On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 10:52:29 -0400, Jameson Rollins <jrollins at finestructure.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 14:35:51 -0700, Daniel Goldin <danielgoldin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > This is very helpful, but is there a way to create functions and
> > keybindings that operate on tags in the index?
>
> Hi, Daniel.  Can you explain what you mean by "the index"?  All tag
> operations are on the database itself.  The emacs interface is really
> just a fancy way of interacting with the notmuch CLI, so it's not like
> there's a separate tag store or anything, if that's what you mean.
>
> jamie.
Non-text part: application/pgp-signature

--
Daniel Goldin, LMFT
626.817.2462