Xapian exceptions "Key too long" during notmuch new

Rob Browning rlb at defaultvalue.org
Mon Sep 6 11:28:23 PDT 2010

Jameson Rollins <jrollins at finestructure.net> writes:

> Hey, Rob.  I've never seen this error before.  I wonder if these
> messages have some really long header names?  If it's not too onerous,
> can you find the messages where this occurred?  There's a verbose
> option, that might be useful.

OK, if I remember, I'll recreate the index tonight.  BTW, it doesn't
look like --verbose is mentioned in the manpage.

Also, I think it may have been mentioned before, but it'd be nice if I
could tell new to write the index somewhere else so that I can keep
using notmuch while it's busy, i.e.

  notmuch new --verbose -o ~/new-notmuch-index

or similar.

Thanks for the help
--
Rob Browning