Xapian exceptions "Key too long" during notmuch new

Rob Browning rlb at defaultvalue.org
Mon Sep 6 10:44:45 PDT 2010

After quite a bit of time (issues with offlineimap and large maildirs),
I finally got the point where I could run notmuch new, and although it
did finish, there were two errrors that I wanted to ask about.  Are
these important?

$ notmuch new
[...]
A Xapian exception occurred adding message: Key too long: length was 370 bytes, maximum length of a key is 252 bytes.
Error: A Xapian exception occurred. Halting processing.
[...]
A Xapian exception occurred adding message: Key too long: length was 269 bytes, maximum length of a key is 252 bytes.
Error: A Xapian exception occurred. Halting processing.
Processed 1373303 total files in 10h 47m 31s (35 files/sec.).
Added 1292042 new messages to the database.

Thanks
--
Rob Browning
rlb @defaultvalue.org and @debian.org