problem with I-D announcements

Michal Sojka sojkam1 at fel.cvut.cz
Mon Aug 16 07:02:59 PDT 2010

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010, Ladislav Lhotka wrote:
> I am experiencing a problem with a specific type of messages, namely
> announcements of new Internet drafts. One such message is shown below
> with all headers.
>
> In a search buffer, if I press [RET], the message is shown but the echo
> line says "Couldn't find access type". The [SPC] key then doesn't work,
> only "Beginning of buffer" is displayed in the echo area. Other
> commands, such as adding tags, work as usual.

Greetings to another czech notmuch user :-)

I can confirm the behavior you describe. It seems the error message is
generated by mm-extern-cache-contents in gnus/mm-extern.el. According to
comments in that file, it works with something called
"message/external-body". Currently, I have no clue what external-body
means but your message contains such thing.

My poor Elisp knowledge doesn't allow me to debug the problem, but you
may want to check whether the same problem appears in Gnus and if so,
consult it with Gnus developers.

Cheers,
Michal