Searching on arbitrary message headers

Michal Sojka sojkam1 at fel.cvut.cz
Tue Jul 27 11:10:02 PDT 2010

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010, eric casteleijn wrote:
> I realize that indexing the raw message is probably not a good idea,
> since for instance the routing of a particular message is unlikely to be
> of interest, but I was wondering if there is a way to specify additional
> headers to be indexed by notmuch, or if not, if others would find this a
> worthwhile addition?

Hi Eric,

from notmuch/TODO:

  Add support for the user to specify custom headers to be indexed (and
  re-index these for existing messages at the next database upgrade).

I think that Carl has plans to implement this feature for v0.4 together
with other changes which require changing the database schema. But given
the burstiness of notmuch development I can really say when that will
happen. Of course, patches are welcomed :-)

-Michal