forwarded messages and threads

Jameson Rollins jrollins at finestructure.net
Wed Jul 21 12:57:42 PDT 2010

Hey, folks.  I was noticing that if I forward a message, the forwarded
message and any responses to it don't show up as part of the thread of
the original message.  It seems to me that this would be useful, to keep
replies to forwarded messages as part of the original message thread.  I
think this would be pretty simple to fix, my having
notmuch-mua-forward-message just add the forwarded message-id to
"References:" header when forwarding.

What do folks think about this?  Is this suggestion wack, or is this
something that commonly happens in other mailers but was just an
oversight in notmuch?

jamie.