thread sorting ideas

Dirk Hohndel hohndel at infradead.org
Mon Jun 21 09:03:40 PDT 2010

Here is a feature that I could really use some times...

Instead of sorting the threads based on the date of the first message in
the thread, sort them based on the newest message in the thread. So if I
take a quick look at the bottom (I am an "oldest first" kinda person) of
a search and I see all the threads that have the newest messages.

My suggestion would be to turn 'o' into a two key command:

o-o : oldest first, sort by oldest message in thread
o-O : oldest first, sort by newest message in thread
o-n : newest first, sort by oldest message in thread
o-N : newest first, sort by newest message in thread
o-s : sort by subject?
o-z : unthreaded, sort by message size?

you can come up with many more sort ideas...

/D

--
Dirk Hohndel
Intel Open Source Technology Center