syncing mail by simply syncing the filesystem

David Bremner bremner at unb.ca
Sat Jun 12 06:00:24 PDT 2010

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 09:13:07 +0200, Christoph Groth <cwg at falma.de> wrote:
> The ideal setup would be one which would allow to use any of my
> computers independently (for example when I'm away with my laptop).
> When necessary, the local mail stores would be synchronized by simply
> syncing the home directory (I'm using unison for this).

The issue with syncing notmuch is that you need to sync the tags
database as well. You can see one example way of doing that at

         http://pivot.cs.unb.ca/git/?p=notmuch-scripts.git;a=blob;f=scripts/gitmuch;hb=HEAD

Another, potentially more elegant approach is to use "notmuch remote"
scripts written by Jesse Rosenthal. I haven't done this myself, but I
did think was feasible when I looked at them.

More information can be found in message

     m1k4rkkchy.fsf at watt.gilman.jhu.edu
or

 git clone http://jkr.acm.jhu.edu/git/nm-remote.git

I'm sure there are other approaches as well.