Failing test cases

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue May 4 11:21:27 PDT 2010

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 01:23:16 +0000 (UTC), Olly Betts <olly at survex.com> wrote:
> On 2010-04-28, Jason White wrote:
> > It seems to be repeatable here, even after running git clean -d -f -x,
> > followed by make && make test
> >
> > Is anyone else seeing this?
>
> Yes, I got the same failure trying to rebuild the notmuch 0.3.1 Debian package
> with Xapian 1.2.0 (building in a clean Debian sid chroot on x86-64).
>
> I'm hoping to get 1.2.x in for Debian's next stable release, so it would be
> good to work out what's going on.

Here's a little update.

I wasn't getting this failure because I was building against Xapian
1.0.18, (while using a clean Debian sid chroot now installs Xapian
1.0.20).

I installed Xapian 1.0.20 (from the libxapian-dev package in sid) and am
now getting this failure.

I'm investigating more closely now, but I thought I'd at least share
that much information.

-Carl

carl.d.worth at intel.com