bug tracking

David Bremner bremner at unb.ca
Wed Apr 28 07:34:14 PDT 2010

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 08:58:13 -0400, Jameson Rollins <jrollins at finestructure.net> wrote:

> Saying that issues sent to the list are usually followed by a "thanks,
> pushed" implies that only issues that include patches are acknowledged.
> While I certainly appreciate that this is a Free software project and
> that users should be encouraged to contribute, I don't think it's wise
> to imply that "only issues with patches will be acknowledged".  I think
> that all users should be encouraged to report issues, even those that
> are not capable or currently able to supply patches.

Meanwhile Jesse Rosenthal and I started chatting about, and Jesse
started implementing, some tools for grabbing remote collections of tags
and merging them into their own namespace.  This may give us a
notmuch-oriented way of managing the mailing list a bit better as a kind
of bug tracker. I don't want to promise things on Jesse's behalf, but I
personally am holding off on further bug tracker experiments until I see
how this works out.