Kudos! Also: +1 PGP!

David Edmondson dme at dme.org
Mon Apr 26 09:11:33 PDT 2010

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 15:52:37 +0200, "Sebastian Spaeth" <Sebastian at SSpaeth.de> wrote:
> We were discussing on IRC whether decryption should be handled in
> notmuch show --decrypt or in emacs and I had a quick look at what it
> would take for emacs. Here is a snippet of code that outputs
> "Good signature from 5585F58CC827A062 Sebastian Spaeth (Private
> Communication) <Sebastian at SSpaeth.de> (trust ultimate) created at
> 2010-04-26T14:27:07+0200 using DSA" in the minibuffer. I guess something
> based on this could be used to parse the email and try to decrypt via gpg
> and mark the signature status in the summary line:

Inline PGP could be handled by the text/plain washing functions. I had a
quick go at this and bremner tested, but there were some wrinkles and I
didn't finish it.

multipart/signed really needs the re-worked JSON output so that the UI
can know what is going on. It might be possible to kludge something
together with the current output, but it will be awkward.

dme.
--
David Edmondson, http://dme.org