Wrapping up the 0.3 release

Aneesh Kumar K. V aneesh.kumar at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Sun Apr 25 23:21:46 PDT 2010

On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 08:37:11 -0700, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:
> I pushed hard to get most everything we wanted for 0.3 done yesterday,
> (which was one week since 0.2). I think we're still within the tolerance
> of my published "about a week" schedule, but I would like to wrap things
> up soon.
>
> Here are the features that I still have left in my queue at this point:
>
>   * improve from-header guessing
>
>     Dirk is looking into fixing a segfault found by the test suite here
>
>   * Fcc, Maildir, and Emacs message-mode -- a bit of code
>
>     This is next on my list to apply. Thanks for the extra testing!
>
> There are a few other features that people had proposed but that didn't
> pass review yet. If people follow-up with those quickly, they can still
> go in. Otherwise, there's another new merge window coming up soon!
>
> Meanwhile, I'm aware of two regressions I'd like to see fixed before
> 0.3:
>
>   * Reply is now splitting the window
>
>     We're copying the original message into the new reply buffer, so
>     what's the advantage of splitting here?

This actually have a disadvantage that after sending the mail i have to
explicitly kill the buffer

>   * Composing a new message with 'm' brings up headers in a scrambled
>     order.
>
>     A minor point, but it would be nice to fix this.
>
> Finally, any of the tweaks I suggested to notmuch-hello mode would be
> quite welcome. I might take a whack at some of these.
>
> Then, there's the task of writing up NEWS. Dirk started helping with
> that, which I appreciate. If anyone else wants to write up descriptions
> of their favorite features that have been merged, that would be great.

Another issue i found was

* A thread with only one message doesn't show the message body by
  default. I need to use 'h' key binding to show the message
  body. Multiple message thread seems to work fine.

-aneesh