[notmuch] auto-tagging replied messages

Jesse Rosenthal jrosenthal at jhu.edu
Sat Apr 24 06:56:04 PDT 2010

On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 05:38:36 -0700, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:
> So here's my vote for someone cleaning this up into a patch that could
> be applied directly to notmuch rather than just being a snippet of code
> to shove into .emacs.

I'd love to put this into shape to become part of notmuch proper.

My question, for this and other things I've worked on, is where code
that targets message-mode should go. In notmuch-mua.el? Or a new
notmuch-message-utils.el? Or just a catch-all notmuch-utils.el? Once I
know where it would make the most sense to group these, I'll submit a
patch.

> Supporting the removal of a tag as well is clever, but I wouldn't
> suggest doing that by default (the patch doesn't anyway). And instead,
> people could do things like searches for "tag:reply-required and not
> tag:replied".

But just to clarify: you don't mind if removal is a customizable user
option, right?

Best,
Jesse