See only unread message in a thread ?

James Westby jw+debian at jameswestby.net
Wed Apr 14 02:08:54 PDT 2010

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 00:43:16 +0200, Xavier Maillard <xma at gnu.org> wrote:
> Is it done automatically ? Or do I need to do something special
> in order to unset the unread tag ?
>
> I see there is 'a' and 'x' when in notmuch-show but I am not sure
> I have to explicitely press on of these keys.
>
> Currently, when in a notmuch-search buffer, I press RET to visit
> the thread and then I play with 'n' to go next message till I
> read the whole thread. Then, I press 'q' to go back to the
> notmuch-search buffer. Is this the way to do ?

That should be removing the 'unread' tag.

Therefore it sounds like you want to be using a search including
'tag:unread' to get the behaviour that you want. Obviously that might
not show you all the threads that you want.

There is a notmuch-show-next-unread-message, but it's not bound to
anything by default. That might also be useful to you.

Thanks,

James