An update on 0.2 progress

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Apr 13 11:03:00 PDT 2010

I just wanted to let everyone know that I think the code for the 0.2
release of notmuch is pretty much in place now. I've either merged or
decided to postpone most all of the proposed features.

I'll follow-up with another mail giving the detailed list of features
that have been merged or postponed, and I'd like to release 0.2 by the
end of the day today.

In the meantime, here are 3 small things still left:

* Investigate patches to add the move_to_first iterator improvements

* Revert support for "*" as a search term.

  I threw this in while merging the support for "notmuch count" with no
  arguments, but it's quite broken currently, (scrambled dates in output
  of "notmuch search *" output, broken support for filtering a "*"
  search in the emacs code).

* Perhaps revert the region-based tag feature in the notmuch interface.

  This has a bug leading to a very confusing failure mode when the
  region includes the last line of the buffer. I'd prefer to see a fix
  before 0.2, but I could revert this feature instead.

Thanks for all the work going in already. There's a bunch of good stuff
here, (and some stuff I was sad to see not make the cut---but that gives
us something to look forward to next week!).

-Carl