Use of strcasestr

Tomas Carnecky tom at dbservice.com
Mon Apr 12 19:04:39 PDT 2010

On 4/12/10 10:18 PM, Mikhail Gusarov wrote:

> Twas brillig at 15:58:10 12.04.2010 UTC+02 when tom at dbservice.com did gyre and gimble:
>
>   TC>  In 4fd9ea0 (guess From address from Received headers, 2010-04-06) you introduced
>   TC>  strcasestr, which is not portable, see 82e47ec (notmuch reply: Use strstr
>   TC>  instead of strcasestr for portability., 2010-02-04).
>
>   TC>  Is strcasestr really necessary there or can it be replaced with strstr?
>
> strcasecmp is POSIX.1-2001.

Indeed it is, but the code uses strcasestr and I couldn't find any
indication which standard that function is part of.

Adding that function to compat/ probably is the way to go, but the whole
compat mechanism doesn't work here. It's like if compat/Makefile.local
was not included in the top-level makefile, notmuch_compat_srcs is empty
there. Any ideas how to debug that?

tom