RFC: User-Agent header

Sat Apr 10 07:00:49 PDT 2010

On 2010-04-10, Carl Worth wrote:
> So I propose something like:

That looks good to me. So I assume the correct strategy here would be
to:

1) have notmuch reply insert a header:

2) have notmuch-reply.el (or whatever) add a setup mail hook that
searches for an existing User-Agent header and appends " Emacs/23.1.1
(gnu/linux)"

One issue is again, such a hook would be message mode
specific, so gnus users might not appreciate that. Also when composing a
message via c-x m this would not work. So perhaps an all lisp solution?
Again, can we hijack message mode to add our own promotion header?
Or has the time come for a notmuch-message-mode that somehow inherits
from message mode? bremner said something about dynamic bindings that
would allow that.

Sebastian