Plans for the 0.2 release (this week)

Sat Apr 10 06:52:04 PDT 2010

On 2010-04-10, Carl n∅tmuch 䚳 Worth wrote:
> Are you all trying to show a problem here? All of the above comes
> through fine. Perhaps it's only with non-ASCII in the From line being
> replied to? Let's test that here...

I think there are 2 issues being discussed here. One is the encoding in
the subject line (which does not look pretty in compose mail, but seems
to be the standard). I did not refer to that.

What I referred to was the json output as the encode_as_json_string (or
however it is called), simply drops chars >127, leading to missing
letters in e.g. the author names etc. I could see that in the web
frontends that are making use of json already, and once (if?) emacs uses
the json output too, this will become an issue there too.

Certainly not urgent, but it looked quite weird in the web frontends.

Sebastian