Initial attempt at a "merge window" for notmuch

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Apr 9 09:29:20 PDT 2010

On Fri, 09 Apr 2010 09:23:27 -0700, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:
>      For my merge window, I also want something that can't be obtained
>      today. I want to see all threads that contain at least one message
>      that matches my date range and at least one message that doesn't
>      have the "merged" or "postponed" tag.
>      I'm not sure how to best provide the ability to express the result
>      I want here.

Of course, it's the same set-theoretic operation I described earlier. I
want the set of threads having messages matching:

	tag:notmuch and <date-range>

intersected with the set of threads having messages matching:

	tag:notmuch and not ("merged" or "postponed")

So I've got uses cases for set-difference and intersection already. Now
we just need some search syntax to express that.

-Carl