draft handling [was: Re: Plans for the 0.2 release (this week)]

Jameson Rollins jrollins at finestructure.net
Thu Apr 8 08:57:54 PDT 2010

On Thu, 08 Apr 2010 07:58:47 -0700, Dirk Hohndel <hohndel at infradead.org> wrote:
> > And as for drafts, they could be easily indexed and managed by the UI if
> > the folder: search term is available.
>
> Hmm - haven't even thought about drafts, yet. How would the UI deal with
> those?

My idea is the following:

Currently for me drafts are stored in ~/.mail/drafts.  If we have
folder: searching, then I can starting indexing my drafts directory and
apply the following post-new filter:

notmuch tag +draft -inbox -unread -- folder:drafts

I'll then make a simple elisp "resume" function that is available for
resuming draft messages, that would be available when viewing messages
From a draft search results.

One could also imagine a "notmuch-draft" emacs mode that would provide
functions specifically for viewing and resuming draft messages.

Anyway, my plan was to work on all of this when some sane way of
indexing draft messages was available (ie. folder: searching).

jamie.