Plans for the 0.2 release (this week)

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Apr 7 15:12:44 PDT 2010

We've obviously got a lot of interest in notmuch, and a huge pile of
features that need to be merged.

I think that means we're in a state where we can have extremely regular
releases, with continually improving feature sets. I'm thinking releases
once per week or so.

With each release, I expect people to remind me of their favorite
features that haven't been merged, (while I'll continue to work through
any backlog on my own).

For the upcoming 0.2 release, here are some things that I would like to
have in place:

  * Any further changes from the Sebastian's repository. Sebastian, I
    worked through one list I saw recently. Do you have another list to
    propose yet?

  * The big batch of emacs-client improvements from David E.'s
    repository. David, do you have particular things to recommend here?

  * Changes to indexing, (addition of body:, folder:, list:, etc.). This
    is stuff that I'll work on.

  * Some library additions (move_to_first for the iterators, and perhaps
    a notmuch_database_add_message_with_data which Srinivasa requested
    to support integration of notmuch into evolution). I'll work on
    these as well, (I know that there are patches for some of these on
    the list already).

  * Anything else that people want, (especially things that already
    exist and that you're already using). Support for maildir flags on
    import would be great here. I'm still waiting to see a complete
    solution I think.

So keep the patches coming, and the pointers to patches that you want me
to look at.

-Carl