[notmuch] pull request

David Edmondson dme at dme.org
Thu Apr 1 07:41:03 PDT 2010

Carl, a couple of patches that I'd like you to consider. They are the
first two on the `dme' branch of git://github.com/dme/notmuch.git.

http://github.com/dme/notmuch/commit/f86254e4509ed02731aa3eaa8541df1f2d11e400

http://github.com/dme/notmuch/commit/dfd99e186ffc6b759c4e09a990c43bb6b8743ef2
> notmuch: Add a 'part' subcommand
>
> A new 'part' subcommand allows the user to extract a single part from a
> MIME message. Usage:
>
>   notmuch part --part=<n> <search terms>
>
> The search terms should match only a single message
> (e.g. id:foo at bar.com). The part number specified refers to the part
> identifiers output by `notmuch show'. The content of the part is written
> the stdout with no formatting or identification marks. It is not JSON
> formatted.

The second of these (part) has been the topic of some
discussion. There's a suggestion that a 'cat' subcommand or
'--format=raw' option to the 'show' subcommand would be better. I'm not
particular preference - I just wanted the functionality to use in the
Emacs UI.

(URLs included as the github frontend is quite nice for perusing the
changes.)

dme.
--
David Edmondson, http://dme.org