[notmuch] JSON based emacs UI

Sat Mar 27 18:41:32 PDT 2010

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 14:47:39 +0000, David Edmondson <dme at dme.org> wrote:
> I'm pushed the first stage of a JSON based emacs UI to the repository at
> http://github.com/dme/notmuch (it's in the "master" branch).

Despite the switch to daylight savings time stealing me an hour of this
night, I managed to test your new notmuch.el.

It works really nice and I get the (unmeasured) feeling that it is
faster too (but then it might just be the lack of my additional patches
which slow things down :-)).

I have one question (which is more build related): now, I have to pull
your branch and an make install-emacs will also always compile and
install the notmuch binary from your branch, but I might want to keep my
own notmuch binary. Is it possible to just use the notmuch frontend from
your branch, but not having to install the binary? Is there such a make
target, or any other way? Should we create a repo that just contains the
frontend and not notmuch itself, so people can mix and match more
easily? (not sure what the right answer is here).

Sebastian