[notmuch] Using notmuch as an address book for tab-completion

Sun Mar 21 13:18:12 PDT 2010

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 22:35:42 -0400, Jesse Rosenthal <jrosenthal at jhu.edu> wrote:
> I've written a python script (with some help and suggestions
> from spaetz) which can perform the address-book functionality, and a
> backend for emacs's EUDC address-lookup functionality to access the
> script.

Thanks for sharing, I am very much looking forward to using that. This
is one more selling point for notmuch :-). Glad the python bindings were
of some use and I am willing to take improvement requests, if you find
some peculiarities in them.

I really look forward to integrate bbdb and notmuch addresses...

> Remember, neither of these will do you much good with the shared lib and
> cnotmuch installed.

That reminds me that there is still no installation tool for cnotmuch at
all. I'll have to have a look into that.

> To get tab completion from emacs, you have to install the script into
> your path, make it executable, and then put my eudcb-notmuch.el file
> into your load path (you should byte-compile it too). DON'T CHANGE THE
> TITLE OF THE .EL FILE! EUDC looks for a specific title based on
> protocol.

Silly question: How do I byte-compile stuff for emacs? I am a helpless noob when there
is no make install-emacs command. :-)

Will report back if it works. If yes, this is definitely stuff for the
notmuch help wiki.

Sebastian