[notmuch] Notmuch command interface

Fri Mar 12 08:03:04 PST 2010

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 16:03:34 +0100, Michal Sojka <sojkam1 at fel.cvut.cz> wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Mar 2010, Sebastian Spaeth wrote:
> > > Unfortunately, I didn't make much progress in implementating this, but
> > > it's definitely a priority for me because I want to get rid of slow
> > > notmuchsync.
> >
> > notmuchsync master is now using the json output, by the way. I think
> > that suppressing the output of msg bodies in notmuch show will help
> > notmuchsync performance *a lot*.
>
> I've just tried it :-(
>   File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.5/simplejson/decoder.py", line 353, in raw_decode
>     raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
> ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded

Wow, that is bad. All it does is taking "nomuch show" output and feeding
it to the json parser. That probably means that the json was not valid
(which would be bad).

Having said that, I remember that I got that when I used a notmuch that
doesn't include the notmuch tags in the json output, ie you need notmuch
from current master less than 26h ago. Do you use that?

Also Python 2.6 is a requirement, but I see you used that already...
Sebastian