[notmuch] Debian package

Michal Sojka sojkam1 at fel.cvut.cz
Fri Mar 5 00:37:40 PST 2010

On Fri, 05 Mar 2010, Xavier Maillard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using Debian GNU/linux SID and notmuch and I'd like to be
> bleading edge with notmuch. So I am trying to figure out whether
> someone is maintaining a Debian package against notmuch git
> repository or not. If the former, that's nice.

Hi,

I do not know the current plans for Debian package, but what I do for
myself is to merge together current master, debian and seveal topic
branches (based on patches sent to the mailing list) to produce a
bleeding edge package. I use the following script to build the package.

Cheers,
 Michal

#!/bin/sh

set -e

ref=$(git symbolic-ref HEAD)
branch=${ref##refs/heads/}
test "$ref" != "$branch" || die "You're on a strange branch"
export branch

die()
{
	echo >&2 "fatal: $*"
	exit 1
}

merge() {
    git branch -D integration/all
    git checkout -b integration/all
    trap "git checkout $branch
git checkout -- debian/changelog
" 0
    git merge `cat wsh-topic-branches|grep -v ^#`
}

case "$1" in
    -m|--merge)
	merge
	exit
	;;
esac

git diff-index --quiet HEAD || die "Working directory is not clean"

merge

read version sha1 < version

if [ "$sha1" != `git rev-parse HEAD` ]; then
    version=`expr $version + 1`
    sha1=`git rev-parse HEAD`
fi

git-dch --snapshot --snapshot-number=$version --debian-branch=integration/all
git-buildpackage --git-ignore-new \
		 --git-debian-branch=integration/all \
		 --git-upstream-branch=master \
    		 -i -us -uc -b	# see the example in debuild(1)

git checkout $branch
echo $version $sha1 > version
git commit -m "snapshot #$version" version